Spring is here and summer’s on its way. Which means, that many people are thinking about spring cleaning and summer guests. The rugs, the curtains, and the kitchen all get a deep clean, but what about your home’s ducts? While it’s easy to overlook, duct cleaning is one of the best ways to keep your home pristine and healthy.
In addition to improving your indoor air quality, cleaning your ducts also helps prevent fires and prolong the lifespan of your HVAC system.
In this blog, we’ll share some insider information about why duct cleaning matters, how often to do it, and how to find the right team to clean your ducts.
Let’s dive in.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the process of cleaning your home’s heating and cooling system components, including supply and return registers and air ducts. But it doesn’t stop there. Most air duct cleaning also focuses on air diffusers and grilles, heat exchangers, condensate drip pans, heat exchangers, and more.
Over time, your home’s HVAC ducts get clogged with particles of dust, dander, pollen, and other debris.
Every time the heating or air conditioning systems kick on, the ducts blow these pollutants throughout your home, damaging your indoor air quality and possibly creating allergy symptoms.
If your home’s moisture level is high (common in hot, humid Florida), mold can also grow in the HVAC ducts and disperse through your home. Since some mold can be dangerous or even lethal, this is an outcome you want to avoid at all costs.
Air duct cleaning gets rid of pollutants in your HVAC ducts and ensures cleaner, healthier indoor air.
4 Reasons Air Duct Cleaning Matters
Are you wondering why you should invest in air duct cleaning this spring?
Consider these four reasons:
1. Clean air ducts reduce allergy symptoms
If you live with someone who has allergies, dirty air ducts will only worsen their symptoms.
Because air ducts are tight, closed spaces, they’re hotbeds for mold, dust mites, fungi, bacteria, germs, pet dander, and other irritants.
Having your air ducts professionally cleaned removes these irritants and ensures your household isn’t breathing them every time the air kicks on.
2. Duct cleaning helps keep your home dust-free
Where the heck is all that dust coming from? Your HVAC vents could be the culprit.
When dust builds up in your air ducts, it spreads around your house every time the heating or cooling system turns on.
Having a professional come in and remove all that dust keeps your home cleaner and means less work for you.
3. Duct cleaning can make your HVAC system more efficient and save you money
Want to save a bit on your heating and cooling costs? Consider having your air ducts cleaned.
During a professional duct cleaning, a technician will remove build-ups of dust, dander, and other materials that could inhibit your HVAC system’s airflow. This, in turn, helps the system run more efficiently and saves you money on operating costs.
4. Cleaning ensures nothing is living in your vents
If the idea of rodents or other pests living in your vents creeps you out, having your ducts cleaned is a smart idea! Because HVAC vents are warm, dry, and protected, they’re a popular spot for pests like mice and rats to make nests.
Fortunately, professional air duct cleaning will remove any infestations and restore your vents to their original condition.
5. Cleaning allows you to spot problems early
Air ducts are sturdy and long-lasting, but problems can happen. By having your vents professionally cleaned at least once a year, you can keep an eye on the condition of your HVAC ducts and fix any problems before they become significant issues. This helps preserve your HVAC system and avoid sudden, catastrophic breakdowns.
How to Choose the Right Duct Cleaning Team
You’ve decided to have your HVAC vents cleaned, and now you’re just wondering how to find the right team for the job. Here are a few tips:
- Look for a team with experience. HVAC systems are complex, and maintaining your home’s air quality is a serious job. With this in mind, look for a team with ample duct cleaning experience and the reviews and recommendations to back it up. Visit the company’s social media platforms and website to read previous customer reviews.
- Look for a team that doesn’t overstate the benefits. Good duct cleaners shouldn’t make sweeping claims about the magic of vent cleaning. While duct cleaning is a routine part of maintaining your HVAC system, it’s not a fix-all for everything that might be wrong with a home. Look for someone who keeps the benefits in perspective and answers your questions realistically.
- Avoid price shopping. HVAC duct cleaning is a competitive market, and you’ll notice that teams price their services very differently. As you look for a contractor to clean your vents, be careful not to jump on the lowest bid. Instead, understand what’s included in the bid pricing and why. Many companies only quote for the most surface-level duct cleaning package but may upcharge you from there. Ultimately, it’s better to spend a bit more and know you’re getting comprehensive, professional service you can trust. Get any quotes you receive in writing, and make sure the team can guarantee it.
- Look for certifications. Good HVAC vent cleaning companies should be licensed and certified by state and federal licensing bodies. Be aware of anyone who says that they’re certified by the EPA, though, since the EPA does not establish duct cleaning standards or certify companies.
Remediation 911: Your Reliable Source for Comprehensive Spring Duct Cleaning
You deserve to enjoy this summer in a comfortable, clean, and healthy home. Fortunately, our team is here to help. Providing professional duct cleaning services to customers throughout Florida, we specialize in mold removal and remediation and comprehensive duct cleaning to improve indoor air quality and get rid of allergens.
Ready to enjoy your most comfortable home yet? Contact us today to learn more about our services or request your free quote.