A storm hit your property. You know you have storm damage, but you’re not sure how bad it is. What’s your next step, and when should you call a disaster restoration company?
Don’t worry – you don’t have to figure it out alone. In this blog, we’re breaking down everything you need to know about when to call a disaster restoration company and why you need a team of professionals to help you deal with flooding, mold, and other storm damage.
Let’s dive in.
First Things First: What is a Restoration Company?
Before we discuss when to call a restoration company, let’s talk about what a restoration company is and why you need one.
Put simply, a restoration company is a business that specializes in disaster restoration.
Depending on the company’s focus, they might remediate storm damage, hurricane damage, or damage from leaky pipes or flooding. Some companies, like Remediation 911, even provide additional services like mold removal and duct cleaning.
Say your home has been damaged because of water leaks behind a wall, for example. While you might need a plumber to fix the actual leak, a restoration company will repair the damage.
Once the leak is resolved, the restoration company will come in, rip out damaged drywall, flooring, and building materials, and restore your home to like-new condition.
While some people think they can handle their own disaster restoration, that’s not always the case. Cleaning up after flooding or water damage is a big job, and you most often get the best results if you trust it to the professionals.
5 Signs it’s Time to Call a Restoration Company
Not sure when to call a disaster restoration company? Here are five signs that it might be time:
1. You’re concerned about minimizing damage
You’ve done all you can to clean up the damage, but you want to protect your house as much as possible. It’s time to contact a disaster restoration company. The faster you contact a restoration company, the more contained you can keep the damage to your home.
A professional team will have the industrial-grade equipment needed to remove water, dehumidify your space, clean and sanitize the area, and prevent (or resolve) mold and mildew growth.
2. You know you need professional restoration skills
Some disaster restoration projects are simply beyond the scope of a DIY fix. In fact, attempting a DIY restoration may actually cause more damage to your home.
On the other hand, a professional remediation company will have the skill and experience needed to resolve storm damage in your home and provide a complete, quality restoration.
3. You want to avoid insurance problems
Navigating the insurance process after storm damage can be difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to do it alone.
When you work with a disaster restoration company, the team will help you navigate and file your insurance claim. An expert team’s help ensures you don’t miss anything during the claims process and that you get the entire payout you’re owed.
4. You think you need special equipment
After significant storm damage, a few standing fans won’t be enough to dry and dehumidify your home. Contact a disaster restoration team if you think it’s time to bring in the big guns.
A company like Remediation 911 has tools like water extraction vacuums, water pumps, and industrial-grade dehumidifiers to clean, dry, and decontaminate your space and restore it to a like-new condition.
5. You need help – fast!
If you think you might need the help of a disaster restoration company, call sooner rather than later. Most restoration companies get a surprisingly high volume of calls after a storm, and you want your name to be at the top of the list.
Don’t wait until the damage is out of control or you’ve noticed mold or mildew growth – contact a restoration company right away to top-line your service.
How to Choose the Right Disaster Restoration Company
Now that you’ve decided to contact a disaster restoration company, it’s time to talk about choosing one.
Here are a few tips to help you find the right fit:
- Look for a team that’s licensed, insured, and certified. Disaster restoration is essential work, and you don’t want to trust it to just anyone. Instead, you should only work with licensed, insured restoration companies with a long track record of successful jobs. Don’t be afraid to ask to see a copy of the company’s license or to ask about which insurance policies they carry.
- Look for a team that offers 24/7 emergency service. Even the best disaster restoration company isn’t much use if they won’t respond when you need them. Instead, look for a company that offers 24/7 emergency service.
- Find a team with a good reputation. When you read a company’s reviews and testimonials, they should be overwhelmingly positive. Customers should be satisfied with the speed and quality of the service. They should also be happy with the attitude and skills of each team member.
- Look for a team that offers a variety of restoration services. Believe it or not, some companies only provide a certain kind of storm damage restoration service, like hail damage repair. That limits your repair options, though, and can make the team harder to work with. Instead, look for a team that offers versatile services – from duct cleaning to water damage restoration.
Remediation 911: Your Source for Storm Damage Restoration in Palm Beach, Florida
If your home has suffered storm damage in Florida, you can’t afford to waste any time. Contact a disaster restoration company as quickly as possible to get on the top of the service list and minimize the existing damage to your space.
Here at Remediation 911, we provide a variety of emergency disaster restoration services, from mold remediation to water damage cleanup. Contact us today to learn more about our offerings or find out how we can help you reclaim your space.